is in a family of viruses called Coronaviridae.
So do Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV)
Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (SARS-CoV)
In ICU, besides Nurses & Doctors,
PHYSIOS are the profession you will see THE MOST,
Physios are there to help you to position the LUNGS
for maximum ventilation perfusion.
When you are awake,
Physios teach you breathing exercise,
coughing method, ribs & upper extremities work out,
before you are transferred into Normal Ward.
Although you have been discharged from the hospital 🏨 or quarantine center,
you feel you already recovered.
But actually, not completely‼️
📍Sometime feel like cannot take DEEP breath?
📍 Cannot walk very long distance.
📍 Walk slowly than Ah Ma due to breathless, tercungap cungap.
📍Breathing well, but feel NO AIR going inside the lungs?
📍Wanna run, but Breath wheezingly, lungs are whistling
Covid19 leaves our lungs NOT in maximum function.
Covid19 scars our lungs,
which explains why we are breathlessness,
why we always feel fatigue / tired
why X-Ray got whitish whitish
Your lungs need help 🆘
Who can help your lungs?
In ICU, ventilators help expand your lungs by Positive Pressure.
Now, you can breath yourself.
SO, you need to learn how to create Positive pressure to push into your lungs.
BUT, if overpush, you may pengsan (too high oxygen, too low oxygen)
YOU NEED AN EXPERT to guide you.
Our Senior Physio👩🏻⚕️, worked in ICU during pandemic,
via ONLINE / TelePhysio👩🏻💻,
will teach you how to ''Physio Your Lungs''
However, before that, you need to prepare few things,
we call it Covid Kit 🧳.
Which got Oxymeter, Spirometer, Exercise Band, Reference Physio Notes
Yes. We are introducing this program to you Covid19 Rehab,
aka Pulmonary Rehab (also covers your heart)
💁🏻♂️ Who SHOULD join?
Covid survivors, positive tested (at least 2 weeks from now) Discharged from Hospital / Quarantine centre
Online / TelePhysio
💁🏻♂️ How to start?
Once sign up for this program, we will send the necessary equipment to you.
Anytime after you sign up
💁🏻♂️ What do you get?
Oximeter, Spirometer, EVOband, Borg's Scale, Documentation sheets, etc
💁🏻♂️ How long this program?
It will include 11sessions of TelePhysio (Include first checkup)
💁🏻♂️ How much this program?
#20210601 #benphysio #COVID19 #EvoBand #telephysio #online #oxymeter #oxygen #breathless
- Support for Rehabilitation Self-Management after COVID-19- Related Illness (2020). World Health Organization 2020.
- Demeco et al. (2020). Rehabilitation of patients post-COVID-19 infection: a literature review Journal of International Medical Research doi: 10.1177/0300060520948382
- Wade (2020) Rehabilitation after COVID-19: an evidence-based approach. Clinical Medicine London doi: 10.7861/clinmed.2020-0353 (Tsutsui, Gerayeli and Sin, 2021)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation in a Post-COVID-19 World: Telerehabilitation as a New Standard in Patients with COPD International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease doi: 10.2147/COPD.S263031Ferraro (2020)
- COVID-19 related fatigue: Which role for rehabilitation in post-COVID-19 patients? A case series Journal of Medical Virology https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.26717
- Cardiac considerations for post-COVID-19 rehabilitation https://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/cardiac-considerations-for-post-covid-19-rehabilitation/